The history of St John the Evangelist Parish and Church is a long one indeed. The seeds for the present church were sown in times of trouble during the Reformation. The foundation stone for the church was laid by Bishop Griffiths on 2nd October 1841. The present church was opened by the Rev Peter O’Loughlin on 26th June 1843, at a ceremony attended by all the leading Roman Catholics of the day.
To learn more, click the following links:
History of the Parish
Interior of the Church